Monday, August 1, 2011

What Really Grinds My Gears.. Fakeness




Sorry, but I have to rant a little bit.

I hate it when I see a girl that has no sense of who she really is. I can't stand when I see someone who always needs a man in her life, and on top of that, she takes on the traits of her man as her own. Example, he likes rap, so she likes rap, the next guy likes country so she suddenly loves it. Don't get me wrong, I know when your with someone they open you up to new things, but when you don't even act like yourself anymore and even take on the personality of your man...give me a break!!. I mean, I listen to Powdered Toast Man's music and watch his TV shows because I'm with him , but I don't pretend to be a big fan when I'm not. On top of that, when her prioroties aren't straight in her life, like when her 5 minute friends are more important then the real ones, time to get a reality check. Or when she follows, and I mean follow by literally going to the same school he does; and if he is not in school, then she doesn't care about her own education!

Am I the only one who feels like this? Does anybody else know someone like this?

I don't know, just needing to vent a little bit, just some things really irk my last nerve! Maybe you can tell, but I've been scorned by someone like this. And it actually saddens me to see the lack of personality here.

Maybe I'll be doing the What Really Grinds My Gears rant every so often from now on to get some things off my chest, it did clear my mind actually.

12 comments:

Bossy Betty said...

Congrats on your new blog! Enjoyed your rant as well!

Lost.in.Idaho said...

From a guy's standpoint, we prefer women who are individuals first. If they can't stand on their own two feet, they're going to be clingy and suffocating.

I like it when I can do my own thing and my girlfriend can do her own thing. It keeps us from murdering each other.

Bouncin' Barb said...

Great post and congrats on the new blog. Rants are good. It feels good to clear the air inside you once in awhile. Women like this are frustratingly sad. I've known a few and being around them finally wears you down doesn't it?

Powdered Toast Man said...

Ranting is a good way to let off steam. If only other people knew the whole story. I can hire a hitman if you want.

dirtycowgirl said...

I know a few, they annoy me too.

But as PTM said I'd like to hear the whole story.

Jewels said...

I totally agree. I have many posts about friends or people I see who don't know how to function single, act different ways with different people, and have no true sense of self. I feel sorry for them. I guess in high school I was a girl like that but then I spent some time with myself learning what I want from myself, life, and a man, and I will NEVER be that again.

Great post...vent away.

Chuck said...

Wow! The power of PTM persuasion...2 posts and you got 11 comments and 12 followers. Pretty impressive.

After 300 posts I MAY get 6 comments. Maybe I should go the Peter Griffin "Fuck you" youtube route...yeah, that's the ticket.

BTW...I told PTM I was coming to check you out...curiously he was non-plussed by that. Just sayin'...

Welcome to the blogging world Nicole! You lucky gal!

Pat Tillett said...

I was ordered to come over here, but now that I've looked around, I like it! I think I'll sign on...
Oh yeah, one of my daughters who HATED sports started hanging around with a new boyfriend a while back and all of a sudden she shows up on sunday with a football jersey on and talking about football. I just started laughing at her.

Arlee Bird said...

It's good to be genuine. And besides if you have different interests, you have more to talk about if both sides are listening.

Here on PTMs advice and now following! Good luck. You're off to a good start.

Lee
Tossing It Out

Joshua said...

I've dated several women like this, and with each one, we had a talk about it. They never lasted.

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

I agree with this rant and I think this will make a fun series.
xoRobyn

Baby Sister said...

I couldn't agree more.