Monday, August 15, 2011

What Grinds My Gears

What grinds my gears for this week is short and to the point....Facebook.
Now, what bothers me about facebook is that you can add anybody you want to be your "friend", and if they accept you, you are now"friends". I have added a lot of people to my list of friends that i don't necessarily know very well...a lot of acquaintances actually. You know, people you meet in college, or old high school kids from your graduating class.
What I don't get is, even though you friended me on facebook/ accepted my friend request, it's still considered odd or weird if I comment on your status or wall unless we were actually friends in real life....why is that?
I would think that if we are friends on facebook, it gives me fair game to comment on whatever you post at my own free will....and shouldn't have to feel weird about doing so.
How come that is? Am I the only one who comes across this problem? Should I just delete these people I don't feel would except my comments? I should just be able to comment or like your status, right?.....Right???

5 comments:

Joshua said...

I prefer Facebook over Google+ for personal stuff, and Twitter over all of them for blogging. The settings on FB allow to keep people from seeing all my stuff, so if we're acquaintances, they don't get full access. Same for people from high school that want to be "friends" but were the biggest douchenozzles in the world then.

You're "friends" and should be able to comment. If someone's getting pissy, I'd delete them.

Bouncin' Barb said...

What irks me most about people on Facebook is when they ask you to friend them and then they never write to you or post anything on your blog. Thank God for the Unfriend button!!

Baby Sister said...

I couldn't agree more. It drives me insane.

Pat Tillett said...

I really don't use my FB for much other than "advertising" my blog. Heck, I don't even do that much anymore. What grinds my gears about FB is that people using it actually think others giving a darn about the little details of their lives. Why do people have to post every little detail there?
I admit that I've become reaquainted with a lot of old friends there. So, I'll keep my page open.

Powdered Toast Man said...

Damn skippy Golden Girl. If I send a message to someone I damn well get a response. Fuck em if they don't want to associate with me. I have the blogging community to interact with.