Wednesday, August 17, 2011

wedding songs


As some of you might know, I am getting married. Next year in October. Now, my post today is about wedding music. You know how when your at a wedding you can expect to hear a few certain group dance songs, like the electric slide, for example. Well, I have no problem with this. However, I do have a problem with some of these chosen dance songs that I do not want played. For example:



cotton eye joe







the chicken dance





Now...I don't know, maybe its just me, but these songs are just a little...I don't know...red-necky for my tastes. My fiance insists that these songs be played because its a wedding and that's what you do. I'm not opposed to the electric slide, macarena or cupid shuffle lets say. But these two...NO WAY!!
Am I being a little to anal, or do I have a legitimate reason to not have these songs played? Anybody else feel like me...or anybody else want me to shut the hell up and play the damn songs?

3 comments:

Bouncin' Barb said...

I say it's your wedding and you should have the music you want. However, if you and hubby have different opinions on the choices then I think flipping a coin or arm wrestling might be in order!!! haha. Like I said, it's your wedding! You make the rules.

Baby Sister said...

Yeah...I happen to completely agree...

W.C.Camp said...

I guess this is the ultimate test of a strong marriage ... to play or not to play??

Seriously while YES it is the wedding for BOTH of you, remember in a very big way weddings are a party for EVERYONE ELSE to celebrate your union. I know that sounds crazy especially when you or your folks are footing the bill but it's true. Many times a wedding is a coming out party to put you and your spouse on display and to serve you up as entertainment. In that sense, like any good entertainer (or blogger) you do what sells and keeps your audience happy. Those two particular songs along with the others you mentioned are ubiquitous with parties and D.J.'s because they are universally known, spirited, and yes SILLY! They will relax your guests, get them more easily involved, and in the end make your party MORE FUN for everyone. Who doesn't want that? So RELAX and don't worry one way or the other, because when the day comes - you appropriately will have lots of other LITTLE things (*wink* *wink* sorry 'JUST THE CHEESE'!!!)to think about, and the party will be just a joyful blur! W.C.C.