Friday, August 5, 2011

A Tasting to Remember

Last night, me and my fiance went to our venue where we are getting married to have a taste tasting. I had gotten an email a few weeks ago inviting us to this event, and it was free for us, so why not right? The event was set up like a real wedding would be set up ( pre-cocktails, cocktail hour, dinner, and dessert) Pre-cocktail hour consist of a signature drink ( of your choice at your own wedding) coffee, tea...things of that nature ( basically for the guests who arrive a little early to your event). We had a pink Sunrise, yum.
Next was the cocktail hour. Now in the real package we get all this food, plus any extra stations we would want to add ( still a little early for us to decide on that). Anyways...they had a seafood station with Ice Sculpture surrounding the seafood, a very pretty ensemble. You will have to ask PTM how it was because I'm not a big seafood eater. I do want it at the wedding though because many people do eat seafood and I want my guests to be satisfied with what they see...off track again. They also had a carving station which consisted of a pork tenderloin with cranberry chutney or turkey breasts with different mustard dipping sauces. In the next room, they had your typical cheese and cracker station with an assortment of cheeses and crackers. The slider station ( which is an extra) was very cool, they served little tiny cheeseburgers with lettuce, tomato, onions, topped with a tiny pickle and a little side of potato crisps ( I was impressed with how good it tasted) Next to that was the pasta station serving a tortellini in a white sauce and penne ala vodka. Over once again to the right was a filet mignon station ( extra, but we are also gonna have it cause i really really want it!) . Here they cook the meat right in from of you and it was to die for. So tender and juicy and the gravy was a-a-a-a-mazing. Amazing. They also have a wok station with sesame chicken, beef and broccoli, and vegetable fried rice. On top of all this food, they have 10 butler passed hors d'oeuvre 's that i cant remember off the top of my head...some included fried calamari, apple smoked pork kabobs, pigs in a blanket, and coconut shrimp. Oh, I forgot to mention the open bar for the whole tasting too.
Now if you weren't filled to the brim already, we now have the dinner to attend. We started we a champagne toast and "first dance" for all the engaged couples. We had choice of a steak dish, chicken stuffed with spinach and asiago cheese, a fish ( which I can't remember right now), and eggplant rolatini for you vegetarians out there. I got ordered the steak and PTM ordered the chicken. But before we even get to that....we have a beautiful salad with vinaigrette served with slices of fresh mozzarella and tomato. After this we are served a sorbet to cleanse our pallet. We receive our dinner and I can just barely shovel a few bites of steak into my mouth ( also, so tender and juicy, seasoned just right). They did allow us to wrap it to take it home. After this, they come around with a cordial cart for a after dinner drink. Then we get to watch a showing of bananas foster flambe. Which was also amazing, I just wish I could have ate more of it. On top of that...we got to sample four different wedding cakes from the bakery we will be getting ours from. My favorite was the white cake frosted with buttercream and filled with hazelnut filling and a raspberry filling.
It was such a good time besides the food. I can't wait to get married. I know our guests will be busting at the seams with all this food, which is what I want. I don't like thinking that guests will be hungry at a wedding...just doesn't seem right.
I'm still filled from last night, and probably won't be eating until this evening.
Yum

5 comments:

dirtycowgirl said...

Have I mentioned I'm on a diet ?

No.
And thanks to this post I am now even more hungry then I have been for the last two weeks.

And dribbling.

Powdered Toast Man said...

You forgot to mention our fun table. Mmmm food.

Shockgrubz said...

I would have exploded by the tiny pickle.

Joshua said...

We didn't do a tasting beforehand. We were planning the whole thing from 4 states away, so it was really a "well, we've had their food at someone else's wedding, so let's go with them, what's on the menu, sure that, that, and that, thank you."

Pat Tillett said...

I'm not sure I can afford this wedding!
It sounds like you had a good time and ate some good food. Your wedding reception are going to be top notch...