Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Pic of The Week


This picture, is from the top of Mt. Vesuvius, the Pompeii volcano. I traveled to Rome on a study abroad trip in summer 2007. Me and some of my friends took a side tip to Pompeii to see the ruins on one of our days off. I couldn't even explain the feeling I had, probably the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. We went to the very top of the volcano...I could literally look inside of it. This is just one of the views from the top overlooking the towns below.












6 comments:

TS Hendrik said...

That is a beautiful and epic shot.

LoneIslander said...

looks awesome out there.

Powdered Toast Man said...

I want to visit a volcano.

Baby Sister said...

So beautiful!! I want to go to Rome one day...

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

That is truly heavenly.
xoRobyn

Pat Tillett said...

It looked fantastic until I enlarged it, then it looked AMAZING! Wow!